August 3, 2017

Large mixed media tag-CEdaily

I'm here to share a large tag I created as my design team project for Creative Embellishments, using some left over corrugated cardboard I found in my stash..
My tag measures 8 3/4 by 4 1/4 which I added lots of mixed media goodies to :)
Here is what I created:
I am always inspired by the things around me and the inspiration behind this tag is my home, where my friends and family are always welcome, so I decided to create a tag to replicate the door to my home..
These tags are so great to create because it gives you an opportunity to use up some of those left over pieces you might have from previous projects.. I ended up using lots of little bits and pieces that I had left over and was able to create a fun art project..

I added our house number, with a door knob and key to the tag along with lots of other chipboard elements.. All of the chipboard elements were painted with white gesso and some were painted white with acrylic paint.


 
I added some texture paste to my background which I actually heat embossed using Rangers rust heat embossing powder, rubbed with gold Inka gold paint and finally I dry brushed it with white gesso..  I used some of Prima's Rust effect paste on the chipboard piping, which I then used some black ink on the edges and finally dry brushed it with white gesso..


and lastly,  added little details by adding the ribbon on the bottom of my tag, art stones here and there, a little ribbon bow and of course the flowers and leaves, which are by I am roses..
thank you for stopping by today and checking out my project..
Till next time
hugs
Nanné

Here are the chipboard elements I used to create my tag:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment